Iran’s decision to further reduce its commitments to the 2015 nuclear is reversible and France will continue to pursue dialogue to bring it back into full compliance, France’s foreign minister said on Sunday.
«The actions they have taken are negative but not definitive. They can come back and the path of dialogue is still open,» Jean-Yves le Drian told Europe 1, Reuters reported.
Iran was still several months away from a nuclear bomb, he added.
For his part, Iran’s Nuclear Chief Ali Akbar Salehi said on Sunday the European parties to the 2015 nuclear deal have failed to fulfill their commitments under the pact.
“Unfortunately the European parties have failed to fulfill their commitments… The deal is not a one-way street and Iran will act accordingly as we have done so far by gradually downgrading our commitments,” he said.
“Iran will continue to reduce its nuclear commitments as long as the other parties fail to carry out their commitments,” Salehi stressed, speaking after meeting the acting head of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Cornel Feruta, in Tehran.